Ford Exec: 'We Know Everyone Who Breaks The Law' Thanks To Our GPS In Your Car

Προτροπές και συμβουλές για ασφαλή οδήγηση...
Απάντηση
pipinos1976

Δημοσίευση από pipinos1976 »

Με λίγα λόγια: αφού έχουμε βάλει το GPS στα αμάξια σας, σας παρακολουθούμε συνεχώς, γνωρίζουμε πού είστε, πώς οδηγάτε, με ποια ταχύτητα πηγαίνετε κ.ο.κ. Προς το παρόν δεν στέλνουμε τα data στην αστυνομία, αλλά κανείς δεν ξέρει στο μέλλον τι θα γίνει.

Ford's Global VP/Marketing and Sales, Jim Farley, said something both sinister and obvious during a panel discussion about data privacy today at CES, the big electronics trade show in Las Vegas.
Because of the GPS units installed in Ford vehicles, Ford knows when many of its drivers are speeding, and where they are while they're doing it.

Farley has since retracted his statements.

Farley was trying to describe how much data Ford has on its customers, and illustrate the fact that the company uses very little of it in order to avoid raising privacy concerns: "We know everyone who breaks the law, we know when you're doing it. We have GPS in your car, so we know what you're doing. By the way, we don't supply that data to anyone," he told attendees.

Rather, he said, he imagined a day when the data might be used anonymously and in aggregate to help other marketers with traffic related problems. Suppose a stadium is holding an event; knowing how much traffic is making its way toward the arena might help the venue change its parking lot resources accordingly, he said.

A Ford spokesperson later told Business Insider that in general, GPS units in Ford cars are not routinely pinging out their whereabouts as customers drive around. Rather, Ford cars have several on-board services such as "Sync Services Directions" (a navigation device that works with drivers' phones) and 911 Assist, which users have to switch on and opt into. And employers can use a service called "Crew Chief" to monitor their corporate car fleet. Data coming from those services is generally used only to improve services, a spokesperson says.

Farley himself then walked back the statement, saying "I absolutely left the wrong impression about how Ford operates. We do not track our customers in their cars without their approval or consent."
Αφού τον έκραξαν, ανασκεύασε τις δηλώσεις του, αλλά η πραγματικότητα παραμένει η ίδια: δεν σας παρακολουθούμε χωρίς της συγκατάθεσή σας. Μετά, σας παρακολουθούμε...!!!

Ford Exec Retracts Statements About Tracking Drivers With The GPS In Their Cars
Ford Exec Retracts Statements About Tracking Drivers With The GPS In Their Cars

Jim Farley, the global vp of marketing and sales at Ford, tells Business Insider he made a mistake when he implied that Ford gathers so much data from GPS units inside its customers' cars that the company knows when they're speeding or breaking the law.
"I absolutely left the wrong impression about how Ford operates. We do not track our customers in their cars without their approval or their consent," he says. "The statement I made in my eyes was hypothetical and I want to clear this up."

His original comments came yesterday during a panel discussion on consumer privacy at CES, the big electronics convention in Las Vegas: "We know everyone who breaks the law, we know when you're doing it. We have GPS in your car, so we know what you're doing. By the way, we don't supply that data to anyone," he told attendees.

Farley then went on a speculative riff about the future, saying the data could be used anonymously and in aggregate to help other marketers with traffic-related problems, like a stadium that wants to know traffic patterns before a big event.

Today, however, Farley says he misrepresented the company. "I want to make it super-clear because this is very important to Ford — I'm the last person who wants to misportray this to our customers."

A Ford spokesperson also told Business Insider today that in general, GPS units in Ford cars are not routinely pinging out their whereabouts as customers drive around. Rather, Ford cars have several on-board services such as "Sync Services Directions" (a navigation device that works with drivers' phones) and 911 Assist, which users have to switch on and opt into. And employers can use a service called "Crew Chief" to monitor their corporate car fleet. Data coming from those services is generally used only to improve services, a spokesperson says.

"We don't share that," Farley says, referring to the opt-in data.
Ευχαριστώ.

Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Οδική Ασφάλεια...”